To install this package please do the following:
– Save the downloadable package on an accessible location (such as your desktop).
– Unzip the file and enter the newly-created directory.
– Locate and double-click on the available setup file.
– Allow Windows to run the file (if necessary).
– Read EULA (End User License Agreement) and agree to proceed with the installation process.
– Follow the on-screen instructions.
– Close the wizard and perform a system reboot to allow changes to take effect.
About ME Firmware:
If you wish to apply this ME (Management Engine) Firmware version, you should first make sure that the version number matches your AMT (Active Management Technology) family, as each update is specifically developed for certain system configurations.
While this technology is mostly associated with enterprises, it can also be used by various IT administrators as well as regular users. However, bear in mind that even though other platforms might also be compatible, we do not recommend installing this release on OSes other than the specified ones.
In order to apply this package, it would be best if you carefully read and understand the instructions provided by your computer manufacturer, and perform the update only when you have completely familiarized yourself with the steps.
In addition to that, make sure you perform a system reboot after upgrading the firmware version in order to allow all changes to take effect properly.
That being said, if this release is compatible with all system characteristics, click the download button, and upgrade your firmware. Otherwise, check with our website as often as possible so that you find out when a compatible update becomes available.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.