If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Take into consideration that is not recommended to install the driver on Operating Systems other than stated ones.
In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):
1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice
2. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager
3. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
6. Click “Have Disk”
7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok
About Ethernet Drivers:
Windows platforms generally apply a generic driver that allows motherboards to recognize the Ethernet component.
However, in order to make use of all network card (adapter) features, you must install a proper LAN driver that enables the hardware. This task enables systems to connect to a network, as well as collect all component characteristics such as manufacturer and chipset.
If you intend to update the driver version, know that this process can add support for new OSes, fix different compatibility problems, resolve related errors encountered during the product’s lifetime, as well as include various other changes.
When it comes to the actual installation procedure, we should note that most producers try to make it as easy as possible, so following the steps should be a breeze: just get the downloadable package, run the setup, and follow the on-screen instructions.
There is a chance that other OSes could also be suitable, but it is not advisable that you install this release on platforms other than the specified ones. Remember to perform a system reboot once done, to allow all changes to take effect properly.
Therefore, if you wish to apply this version, click on the download button and enable your network card. To stay up to speed with the latest updates, check back with our website as often as possible.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.