If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Take into consideration that is not recommended to install the driver on Operating Systems other than stated ones.
In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):
1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice
2. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager
3. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
6. Click “Have Disk”
7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok
About Bluetooth Drivers:
Installing the system’s Bluetooth driver will allow it to connect with various devices such as mobile phones, tablets, headsets, gaming controllers, and more. However, this wireless technology is recommended to be used for transferring data between compatible devices within short ranges.
A newer version can include support for later technology standards or add compatibility with other Bluetooth chipsets; however, bear in mind that updating the driver might not improve your system at all.
When it comes to applying the driver, the method is obvious and the steps quite easy: simply extract the compressed package (if necessary), run the setup, and follow the given instructions for a complete installation.
That being said, if you intend to apply this release, make sure the package is compatible with your system’s OS and Bluetooth chip, hit the download button, and enable this technology on your device. Moreover, don’t forget to regularly check with our website so that you don’t miss any updates.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.