If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Take into consideration that is not recommended to install the driver on Operating Systems other than stated ones.
In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):
1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice
2. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager
3. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
6. Click “Have Disk”
7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok
About Chipset Drivers:
Windows OS automatically installs a generic driver that allows computers to recognize basic motherboard functions. However, to make use of all board components, appropriate chipset drivers must be applied.
If you install this package, the system will receive related information regarding the chipset. Also, this step might improve compatibility and bus transfer speeds, add various changes for sleep state behavior, power saving functionality and others, or include support for new features.
To apply this release, simply make sure your system configuration is supported by this package, get the file, run the available setup, and follow the on-screen instructions. Bear in mind that installing inappropriate chipset drivers can cause computers to malfunction.
In addition to that, do perform a system restart after you have completely applied the present release so that all changes take effect. Despite the off-chance that other OSes might be compatible, we do not recommend installing any software on platforms other than the highlighted ones.
That being said, check the supported platforms, click the download button and apply the chipset driver. Moreover, don’t forget to check with our website as often as possible to stay up to date with the latest releases.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.